Looking back...

Something that occurs to me as I think about this blog and what I will post, is that when one works with weddings, there is a huge element of privacy about the plans, and especially about the dress. Usually it is the bride and a few close friends or relatives who know what will be worn, and often it is only the bride.

Therefore in order to protect privacy, most of the bridal things I will show you are from the past.

Today I thought I could show you a sketch and the subsequent dress as worn on the day.

The idea for this dress came from one of the gowns in my collection. The bride decided that she liked the overall idea of the design and the fabrication, but wanted to change the skirt to an A-line shape and have straps with a V-neck. The original gown was strapless with a slightly gathered skirt.


Sometimes there are several changes between the sketch and the finished garment because so much of the design process can happen during the actual fittings and when the garment is in 3D. In this case there was only one minor change which was that we agreed that taffeta would be a better option than satin for the ruched bands and bow just under the bust and around the hips.



Although the detail is not clear, she clearly looks stunning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Late summer walk...

Summer bride