Work in Progress






I tend to forget to put up work in progress, working on wedding gowns tends to be a kind of 'ta-da' type of thing, and I end up only showing the end product. So in an attempt to break this habit, this is what I've been working on this week:

The last ever Gaia dress (possibly): Gaia has been one of my most popular gowns ever, and as a result I've kept it going for years and made it for many happy brides either as the sample design, or altered the design slightly to suit the client. Sadly the lace is no longer as easily available as it once was, and I'm thinking of discontinuing the design. I'm not really sure actually. I'm pondering it. Either way, I will design a newer version.

I'm designing new gowns and will be making them shortly. These snippets are straight from my sketchbook, so they'll probably change as the design is developed while being manufactured.

The quilt progresses. In typical personal-project fashion, I bought lengths of the fabrics I liked before designing the actual quilt, so I raided my remnants box and paid another trip to Sew much to do to get some more in order to actually make it. Such a hardship!

Website: At long last I am having a new website designed. I can't wait. The old one is sorely out of date, and my apologies - hasn't been working properly for months. I only found this out the other day when a kindly person informed me that the actual address wasn't working properly. Anyway, new and fresh things are in the air at last.

I'm now on Twitter too! I'm @RachelLambDes if that's your kind of thing. It's taking me a while to get used to it, but do pop over and connect with me there. :-)

Enjoy your weekend. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Late summer walk...

Summer bride