New Year's Day - a few days ago

Happy New Year!

Almost every New Year's day, my husband and I go for a walk. This year we went to Anglesey Abbey. If you've not been before, now is a fabulous time to go because there is the most amazing garden there. For anyone who feels that winter is dull in the garden, I urge you to go and look now, its amazing.

We thought it a good place to go to try out the new camera lens that Father Christmas gave me. These pics were taken by my husband while I was creative director, which is often the best outcome for all on a walk ;) I love these pictures and there are far more than I want to show here, so perhaps I'll post more another time or put them elsewhere.




I find plants very inspirational, especially in the bare, sculptural winter state. When I say inspirational, I don't mean I would try and translate them exactly into a wearable garment (unless I was asked to), more that they visually please me and that affects what I design. Perhaps that's another post...


twiggy buds
I enjoy the time just after Christmas and into the New Year, as a quiet (I hope) time for reflecting on the past year and looking forward to the next. I'm not one for 'resolutions' - statements of things I will or won't do, but rather, what I'd like to put in motion - gently - in the months to come. That feels softer somehow, and not as dictatorial, and I can feel a bit bereft if I don't think about these things.

One of my 'areas for improvement' is to find a new rhythm to my blog. Since I started it, its felt good when I've managed to post, but I'm aware as I write that I'm not the best at regular postings. Making wedding gowns is hugely labour intensive and naturally my clients come first. As weddings are immoveable deadlines, often I forget to take pictures or to think of anything to say other than "Phew! Cross that off. What's next?"


twisted willow
That said, I really enjoy the blog when I actually get a chance to sit down and concentrate on it. More often than not, I am working alone which I enjoy, but on many occasions it would be great to chat about what I'm up to as one might with work colleagues and a blog can go some way towards a substitute for that.


birch eyeballs

birches en-masse

So alongside finished wedding stuff, I hope to show some simpler work in progress, some clearer photography, some inspirational stuff, and perhaps general creative musings. I'll stop the list there and see what happens.




For now, I'd like to thank everyone who chose me to make their wedding gown last year, infact everyone who enquired. I look forward to seeing your photos ;) and to the outfits and gowns to come in 2012.



Best wishes for 2012.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Late summer walk...

Summer bride